[pianotech] Optimum way to stretch a new string

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Fri Apr 1 12:46:13 MDT 2011

I have recently put on a couple of new string for a church grand piano and I've been called back about 3 times to
tune-up the string.

Since they use the piano every Sunday, what is the optimum or best way to stretch the string to keep in place.

Is the following way - a good way to break the string or will it take the stretching?

Twice now, I've pulled the string up to the next note (ex. G to G#), let it sit for a few seconds then tune it back down
to (G).

Would it break going up 2 notes (ex. G to A) ?

TYIA,
Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years