[pianotech] Virgil Smith

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 28 16:12:20 MDT 2010

Hmmmmmmmmm  I experienced Virgil Smith from a different angle.  He was my
sight singing teacher.  He was not particularly pleasant, had absolutely no
sympathy for people who hadn't done their exercises, and was merciless in
his grading.  Couple years later I accidentally found myself in a master's
program, very poorly trained- but when I had to take the sight singing test
they were shocked and was I produced.  Took a long time to put that one
together because I was very slow in some things.  But having one of the most
critical ears in the nation as a sight singing teacher paid off
handsomely.....

Les bartlett

  _____