[pianotech] Helping out a GH-1

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 15:51:25 MDT 2010

Thanks, Ryan, this is very helpful. I've been on the phone to a string maker, too. Duh, it hadn't occurred to me that I would need to measure the whole string scale, because I haven't done this before. I'm glad to know this <before> I write the estimate. :-)

Hmm, I wonder how heavy that brass weight was...

Less bad is what we're after. Actually, I think it's the tuning instability that bugs my customer most. A DC system is being considered, too.

Thanks again.

Barbara Richmond