[pianotech] Wanted: Tuning tutors for 2011 PTG Institute in Kansas City

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Mon Sep 27 08:12:00 MDT 2010

Hi, Ryan,

I'd be happy to offer my time as a tuning tutor.

I tuned for many years with just TuneLab, and then I went to North
Bennet Street.  What a revelation!  Since I was the only one in my
class with any prior experience, I gave a lot of help on the side to
my classmates.

One of the institute class suggestions I submitted was how to make
that transition from ETD-only to aural.  I can use TuneLab to help
explain aural checks and so on.  I also use the Coleman Beat Locator;
that gets a few "aha moments".

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Shuster Piano Service