[pianotech] composite pinblock- Drill bit size

David Renaud drjazzca at yahoo.ca
Thu Sep 23 06:33:20 MDT 2010

  For a Boesendorfer grand I have laminated 3/8 delignight for the
open faced top sections onto 1.5 inch bolduc block. Fit seperately
and glued togther.
  The suggested bit for Bolduc's block is smaller then the suggested
bit for delignite as Maple has so much more give.

   Can those that use, or make composite blocks share their
experience. I'm considering drilling with the Bolduc
bit and following up with redrilling for the delignite 3/8th deep only.

                                 Thank You
                                 Dave Renaud