[pianotech] Yet another funny craigslist ad

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Sep 21 12:52:03 MDT 2010

Ryan

We might think this ad as being funny, yet, the customer sounds like she is convinced that this type of piano is the best in the world. I have had several similar situations. There was a classified ad in the St. Louis paper for an upright piano with a cast iron soundboard. And I had a customer, who was a piano teacher, who thought her straight strung Musette spinet was the best piano ever made.

It's all in the perception of what people think they have, and what someone, not necessarily another piano tuner, told them about their piano. And then we come along and tell them something totally different than what they have been led to believe. And guess who becomes the bad guy?

Wim