[pianotech] Piano Order Junk Mail

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Tue Sep 21 08:43:59 MDT 2010

I didn't get the email either.

My first experience with this was when I placed a piano ad with eBay.  A dead giveaway to it's falseness was shipping the piano to Manila via FedEx.  It was an Ampico player.  It left this house to a local buyer.

I've had on occasion similar instances with Craigslist.

I like the idea of cash or gold bouillon at pick up.

The process of acquiring email adrs is easily done for those with little brains.  I highly doubt if this list was the source.  Annoying yes, serious threat, no.  Windows 7 comes with an email program (Windows Live) that I've been impressed with.  It automatically senses junk mail for me with out having to input individual email adrs.  There's obviously certain digital signatures that it sees and reacts to them.  >From time  to time I look over the filtered results and so far only one email was legitimate  .........  that would be about one out of 1000's.

Lar