[pianotech] Bridges and caps [was YC Capo Bars]

PianoTek4u at aol.com PianoTek4u at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 20:23:59 MDT 2010

When visiting the Petrof Piano Factory last year at the EuroTech
conference, new grands had ebony caps in the high treble on their pianos as  well.

A. Bajada
PTG Assoc.

In a message dated 9/20/2010 6:37:38 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com writes:

Will  Truitt wrote:
> Sauter is using horizontally laminated ebony in the top  treble
> section.

To what effect? I have a whole pile  of ebony veneers left over from
other projects and have often  wondered how they would work as a bridge
cap. Or maybe even making a  laminated hard maple cap with an ebony
lamination as a topper. I  guess I've thought that hard, harder and
even harder is good for a  bridge cap, but is there some point where
the cap can get too  hard?

Terry Farrell

PS: Thanks for the plug on the other  thread!!!   :-)