[pianotech] Bridges and caps [was YC Capo Bars]

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Sep 20 19:36:26 MDT 2010

Will Truitt wrote:
> Sauter is using horizontally laminated ebony in the top treble
> section.

To what effect? I have a whole pile of ebony veneers left over from
other projects and have often wondered how they would work as a bridge
cap. Or maybe even making a laminated hard maple cap with an ebony
lamination as a topper. I guess I've thought that hard, harder and
even harder is good for a bridge cap, but is there some point where
the cap can get too hard?

Terry Farrell

PS: Thanks for the plug on the other thread!!!   :-)