[pianotech] Bridges and caps [was YC Capo Bars]

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Mon Sep 20 17:04:58 MDT 2010

Hi JD:

The Delignit bridge capping material is straight from the Schaff catalog.
It's densified beech, just like the pinblock material where the
densification comes from heat and pressure,  but not as hard.  Still harder
than the maple though.  I capped the whole bridge, bass and all of the tenor
bridge.  This was a cheap no name grand and a one time experiment.  It
seemed to work fine, but it's just too butt ugly to want to use on a good
grand.

Sauter is using horizontally laminated ebony in the top treble section.

Will Truitt