[pianotech] OT: are you smarter than an 8th grader?

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Mon Sep 20 18:11:41 MDT 2010

Ok, I'll bite, and assume the color is irrelevant:

x - 24 = 7/12 * x

Where x is the length in ft., so the bolt is 57.6 ft. long.

But I'm guessing the answer is something like "8 yards, because it's
gray on one side and black on the other blah blah" or some such thing
that my kids usually trick me with :-)

Jim