[pianotech] YC Capo Bars

Roger Gable roger at gablepiano.com
Sun Sep 19 18:48:05 MDT 2010

Ron & Will,
Well, I think we're unknowingly talking about two different things -- a
laminated bridge verses a laminated cap. The lousy pianos I'm referring to
have laminated bridges -- laminated entirely from top to bottom. Is there a
top quality piano using laminated bridges? I think not. Help me here. I
would think that a progressive manufacturer like Yamaha would have
incorporated laminated bridges if it didn't deflect from the quality level
they've already established. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I thought that
the high production manufacturers machined the notching rather than hand
notch. If machined, then it wouldn't make any difference if the cap (or
bridge) is laminated or solid.
Roger Gable