[pianotech] Brass Rail

Roger Gable roger at gablepiano.com
Sun Sep 19 16:42:36 MDT 2010

Ron,
 I don't see any standard that used 52 threads per inch. My thread gauge
tags it at 56, but we could be measuring two different manufacturers, or my
eyes are getting worse than I'd like to admit.
On a related subject. I got involved in thread technology about a month ago
when I couldn't gauge the threads of the Samick leg and lyre bolts. I
discovered that the threads used by Samick is an obscure thread called
British Whitmore. So if you loose the leg or lyre bolts to these pianos,
your only replacement source is from Samick.
Roger Gable