[pianotech] OT, handling customers

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 20:18:03 MDT 2010

This is what I was thinking too Les.  Contacting a local chapter.  When one
of our members had a stroke many years ago, some of us drove 100 miles round
trip to service his customers and GAVE HIM all of the money so he had
income.  You'd be surprised, maybe, at what some techs will do for others.

Don't stress out about it.  As others have mentioned, your regulars will
wait for you.  I was out of commission for a little bit after a hernia
surgery that I on September 2nd of this year.  I was under the gun to finish
my college but as soon as I informed them what was going on they simply
said; "health is more important.  The pianos will wait.  Get better first,
we are not going anywhere" and so I did just that.

Jer Groot