[pianotech] OT, handling customers

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Sep 13 18:55:35 MDT 2010

Les,
 Off the top of my head I would leave a message on the answering machine and explain the length of time you will be out. Your tried and true customers will of course remain so . For those who can't wait I would refer them to a trusted colleague . This way you are not leaving them hanging and if they called you they will likely call the referred tuner. He or she keeps the fee but hands the client back to you when you're ready.
You may lose a few  clients but I'd be surprised if this leaves any long term impact on your practice.
Concentrate on getting well --the rest is only money.
Best to you,
 Tom D.