[pianotech] Gettin' olde?...was Field hammer shank repair or???

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Sep 12 12:21:42 MDT 2010

On 9/12/2010 12:01 PM, Joseph Garrett wrote:
> Ron N. said: "Gettin' old Joe. When I did it in 78, it was still
> "Craftsman", not RTT."
> Ron,
> Whatcha mean "Gettin'?? I am! The "official" label was R.T.T., (which
> stood for Registered Tuner Technician). The verbal "Title" was Craftsman
> Member. Never understood all that, but that's what it was. Obviously,
> your memory is failing as well.<G>

You're who, again?

Nope, the official names, labels, designations, ranks, and statii were
allied tradesman, student, apprentice, and craftsman. RTT came in with
the elimination of the allied tradesman and student categories, and the
categories became rtt and associate (I think). Rtt definitely came
after, and replaced craftsman. When the change was in the final argument
phase, as opposed to the perpetual argument phase, I sent one of the
participants the suggestion that we change the name of the organization
to something other than PTG, adopt a new logo for the new parent
organization, which any member could use, and retain the old logo and
PTG name for exclusive use of the currently "craftsman", proposed RTT
members. Wim ought to remember that one, since he presented and argued
it. Of course, he's old too, so...
Ron N