[pianotech] Field hammer shank replacement

Michael Staples mastaples at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 13:34:15 MDT 2010

Thanks to all for responding with your methods.  I was frustrated when the
cedar shanks I was replacing wouldn't hold the drywall screw for extraction
and I was also having no luck with the Schaff boring jig.  I've since found
that my jig needs modification.  When I shimmed the whole guide block to
match the half guide block level, I began getting accurate results.

MS