[pianotech] CA Glue

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Sep 9 06:41:12 MDT 2010

I've tried the white glue/super glue thing and it never seemed to set
up. It's definitely NOT instant. Maybe I just didn't want to wait long
enough - but then, that is one of the major advantages of super glue -
bonds can be within seconds - and is often one of the criteria I use
in selecting CA for a particular application.

What is the basis for your claim that the CA/water-based glue joint is
much stronger than CA alone? With "CA alone you can truly glue
yourself to yourself in a way which requires acetone and a lot of
patience and determination to reverse. Don't ask me how I know...."

I hope I don't sound too much like I am berating your Susan! I don't
mean to do that at all. My interest is that I don't want to be missing
out on any great little tech tip like this seems to be....... but I
just haven't been able to figure out what is the advantage of this
over CA with accelerator.

Do you have a reference for your Journal article? I do remember
reading it, but it's been a while.

Thanks!!!  :-)

Terry Farrell