[pianotech] Weight question

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Thu Sep 9 01:30:00 MDT 2010

You could always weigh the piano the way that they weigh small airplanes.  Put a scale under each leg (3 total, all at the same time) and you can see the ratio of the weights for any piano.  Of course, don't use your bathroom scale unless you want 3 broken ones...  :-)  But then again,  who has 3 bathroom scales? :-)

You could also figure exactly where the center of gravity is, too, with some simple math!

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com