[pianotech] Kimballs

Carlos Ralon ceralon at comcast.net
Thu Sep 2 12:23:14 MDT 2010

I was a dealor with Kimball for 30 years, and as a dealor was offered stock and bought in about 40 years ago. Roger Weisensteiner (spelling) helped get their product much better in the latter years. I remember Dr. Sanderson commentiong that the new studio had an excellant scale. As any company on the open stock market (NASDAC  KBALB) they needed to show a profit, and the pianos were not doing it.  They now continue with a fine a office furniture line and my stock is growing. Where is Wurlitzer, Baldwin, and Lester stock?  I can still buy a Kimball late model console or studio, go over it in the shop and more than double my money. Dealers can not do that with any new brand of piano.
Carlos Ralon, RPT