[pianotech] What software do you need?

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed Oct 27 19:33:33 MDT 2010

pianotech at pianoteks.com wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I hope you don't mind me joining in here. I'm not actually a piano
> technician, but I'm interested to learn about your business, and to see if
> there's anything I can do to help you.
>
> I'm a software developer, and I'd love to be able to create something that
> people actually used and found valuable, which I could run as a
> side-business.
>
> So here's my question:
> If you could ask a programmer to create some software for your business -
> anything at all - what would it be?
>
> I saw a recent thread about client management software, which is one
> option, but I imagine there may well be other aspects of your business
> which would also benefit from a software application (or web-based
> application) to make your lives easier.
>
> I'm not looking for consulting work - I'm just interested to get some
> input, and then if there's a consensus that application X would be really
> useful, I'll see about creating something that would help you out.
>
> Thank you in advance for your time.
>
> Andrew

I, for one, could use, on Linux,

1) piano tuning software (currently using Cybertuner)

2) Client management (currently running none, using Text files)

Note: Already using Quasar Accounting on Linux (from
http://www.linuxcanada.com)

3) Player Piano Label maker (currently running from
http://www.pianorollstuff.com/labelmaker.htm)

These would complete my conversion to Linux

Thank you for offering
Duaine Hechler
dahechler at hechlerpianoandorgan.com

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years