[pianotech] was curve now glide

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Oct 17 09:28:03 MDT 2010

  When I made my first comment in this thread I was thinking of starting from scratch, as that is what I do most often.  In the field though, I most often find its just a bedding bolt check I'm performing and accomplish it quickly in the way you describe as it is expedient and..... unnecessary to use the other protocol. If I am doing work in the home and have everything off to clean and inspect it, I would do it the first way as Al said. There w e go 2 cats skinned in differing ways for different reason. I love this work.  I try to never go home the same way twice too.:)

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com

Why would I remove the stack and keys to regulate the piano? Unless I’m leveling the keys from scratch I perform all regulating procedureswith the action assembled and that includes even minor changes in the keyleveling..  I’m just offering this as another wayto approach it whichever way people want to do it is fine with me.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com