[pianotech] Bedbugs

Joyce Meekins joycemeekins at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 06:41:22 MDT 2010

Wim-
The decision to remove the pianos was made by the owner and the exterminator
 before I was contacted. This is such a sensitive subject, even now after
all the publicity, that the piano owner called feeling very embarrassed.
We've worked together for over 20 years and have a close relationship, but
she still was uncomfortable talking about it.
This might be a line of discussion, but I agree with their decision to
remove the pianos. The intense heat treatment quickly raised the room
temperature 70 degrees to 140, while running strong fans.  The pianos, a
Bosendorfer and a Steinway are from the 20's.  The pianos are serviced three
times a year and routinely cleaned. Do others agree that the pianos should
have remained in the room?
Joyce