[pianotech] Of chisels

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Mon Oct 11 17:50:38 MDT 2010

Well folks, this thread has come a long way since my initial post!

I've been on this list since 1996 (initally with a different email
address), and nothing I posted before ever generated such a volume of
response.  It's all fascinating!  What a wealth of experience and
knowledge. I've really appreciated everyone's thoughts. John Delacour,
thank you very much for the UK-based information about "Cast Steel" etc.

So, I was in a cheap homeware store today (a chain which will remain
nameless), and they had Japanese Pull Saws in stock, a thing I have
always  rather fancied. I couldn't see a price for them, but tools in
there are really cheap.  But I bore this thread in mind and thought to
myself, cheap tools, maybe not......

Incidentally folks - going rapidly off-topic here -  this chain (oh OK
then, it's B&M Homestores) is about the only place in the UK where you
can still buy 60 Watt Pearl light bulbs.  (I have tried and tried to
like compact fluorescents, but can't. It's all so dishonest).

Best regards,

David Boyce.