[pianotech] Client Management Software Recommendations

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Mon Oct 4 13:01:09 MDT 2010

On Oct 4, 2010, at 10:40 AM, Terry Farrell wrote:

> Hi David! Thanks for the response. I've enjoyed my past 10+ years with the dinosaur named PTBiz. What I like about it is that I have my client database, with three or four clicks I can have an appointment scheduled when they call (the appointment will have dat/time, piano, service history, appointment tasks, directions, etc. After my appointment, one click turns the appointment on my calendar into an invoice (manually add services rendered). And then after that I can enter payments, or track past due amounts if they didn't pay that day. I can generate reports of how many/who's pianos I have serviced over a month or year. I can generate accounts receivable reports, etc. I can also generate call lists (a list of people who are due for their yearly service call).
>
> From what you are saying about Daylite for Mac coupled with QuickBooks, it appears you can do much of what I'm currently doing on PTBiz. Can it do everything I've listed?
Yup.
> More?
Yup. It can track all sales/rebuilding projects; all meetings that may turn into money; through a smart phone, you can one-click not only the client via voice, email or text, but you can one-click Googlemaps or what ever GPS app you have and go straight to the job. With Daylite you can do almost everything with your smart phone that you can do with your computer. Very handy, very empowering. And everything is written ONCE.
So honored that you see me as a source of advice and counsel. Thank you....
xoxxoDA