[pianotech] Fw: 4 pictures for you

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Wed May 26 20:18:37 MDT 2010

List,
 I have a question about the glides on this Kawai keyframe. The second glide from the bass end has no adjustment screw on the top and is shaped different from the others underneath. I've seen this set up on other Kawai frames, most recently on a Boston grand made by Kawai.
In order to adjust that glide the keyframe has to pulled and it is adjusted from below . It takes a few tries to get it right   but I just can't figure out the logic  on why this one glide is different from the others. Ideas?
Tom D.

images of the glide in question and a more conventional glide from top and bottom.