[pianotech] D/C in Yamaha UX 50 WNC

Garret Traylor hpp at highpointpiano.com
Sat May 22 14:25:15 MDT 2010

Pictures?

Kindest Regards,

Garret

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of CHARLES BECKER
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 2:01 PM
To: PTG
Subject: [pianotech] D/C in Yamaha UX 50 WNC

 What is the purpose of the mesh screen that is attatched to the keybed and
runs the width of the keybed along the top of the bottom board? ( Sorry no
photo) .  I want to know if I can cut a small hole in the screening wide
enough to pass the watering tube of a D/C  and not cause any unseen
problem.

My wild guess is that  it is ventilation for a disklavier system although
there is no evidence that this piano ever had a disklavier system.

thanks in advance     chuck becker