[pianotech] Lost business

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Thu May 20 07:22:11 MDT 2010

Paul T Williams wrote:
> Bingo!  When I lived in Washington state, I didn't even have a
> basement. No shop or anything.  I found a very generous tech who has
> an enormous shop who openly let me bring in pianos for no charge.
> (Thank you, Roger!!)  I'm sure that Duaine could figure out a way to
> do that as well in his area.
>
> Paul
Well, it looks like I'm going to have to go there.

The same tech that - was - doing Pianodisc installations also had a
partner tech. Something happened between them and the partner is gone.

So with the partner gone, and the loss of the Pianodisc business, he is
asking a minimum of $300 / month - - - too rich for my blood.

Previously, another tech was selling used pianos - until - he lost his
lease and the landlord wanted to gouge the price of rent - so after many
years in business, he folded the business - however he is still "teching".

Finally, the last, current, opportunity would be a - daily - 100 mile -
round - trip - - - gas prices.

Duaine