[pianotech] Kohler & Campbell 3/4 scale upright?

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Wed May 19 19:46:22 MDT 2010

Hello Mike,

     Pictures, pictures  ?

    You could have a real  " Tom Thum "  piano.
K.@ Campbell owned this brand at this time.
  Many people call all small pianos T. Thum.
but there is only one.

   Some of these little piano were built without the player
system.  Most had a 1/2  sliding fall board and "toes"
connecting  the legs to the body. And only two pedals.
   The sound is very good.

     I  have owned a Tom Thumb with the  player for
40 years.  It is in good working order and on display in
the PTG. Museum as I write this.

   Gulbransen built a small piano called  "The  Pinafore".
The sound is very weak, but it works

    Aeolian built the best 64 note called the  " Melody Grand."
Two string unisons sounds great. Drop action., no fall with
two pedals.

   All of the above had standard piano parts. Treat it as a  piano.

In a message da"ed 5/19/2010 7:25:37 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  m