[pianotech] Tone building in the modern piano

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed May 19 08:29:01 MDT 2010

John Ross wrote:
> <snip>
> Duaine, you really would benefit from attending some convention classes.
> When I started out, I had to borrow money to attend my first convention, and
> never regretted it.
> I am probably approaching 20 attendances at them.
> Which reminds me, I must register for Las Vegas, while the discount is still
> on.
> John Ross
> Windsor, Nova Scotia

I probably would attend more conventions - if - there were more classes
pertaining to what I do - player pianos (pneumatic) and reed organs.

Since this is getting to be a lost art, I would love to see the Journal
put back a series / forum for pneumatic players

Plus, a lot of piano techs - ignore - players like the plague - won't
even tune them - for fear of the unknown.

Now, that's we need, a convention class on how to approach player fears
and put them behind you enough to tune them.

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years