[pianotech] Fw: Creaky damper lift tray

Barb Nobbe barbara at pitchperfectpianos.com
Tue May 18 16:18:54 MDT 2010

I should also add, when I lift the dampers off of the tray by their sostenuto tabs, and raise/lower the tray alone, it does not creak.  It creaks only with the weight of the dampers resting on it...but, it's not the underlever flanges that are creaking...or, so I presume when I check them individually.

I have even tefloned the felt of the lift tray for where the underlevers contact it, and still creaks. Ugh. :-)

Barbara Nobbe, RPT
Pitch Perfect
859-489-4793
barbara at pitchperfectpianos.com