[pianotech] speaking of having no pin block..

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 21:15:45 MDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

Firs, I think my e-mail goofed and sent a blank message. Sorry about that.  I guess that adds a little twist to reading between the lines, and I didn'teven include lines.

Someone mentioned a piano without a pin block, Wegman, or Waegman?  I think we discussed this at school.  I ran into an interesting piano today. I tuned a Sojin UGH  It had a muffler rail or practice rail as some call it, but I couldn't find a pedal that activated it.  I was in a time crunch and had another piano to tune, and I wanted to make certain I left with payment getting all three done.  It was so odd, it only had two pedals a sustain and soft pedal, but I couldn't find anything that would engage that rail.  I even tried moving the soft pedal and sustain to one side when depressed to see if there was any kind of locking mechinism.  It's not a big deal as they don't use the piano much, but my curiosity has the best of me.

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com