[pianotech] Brodmann, anyone?

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Tue Mar 30 07:44:12 MDT 2010

 They're decent pianos.  I play one regularly and tune it occasionally at a friend's house.  After a fair amount of work, they can settle down and sound and play pretty well.  Of the Chinese-built instruments I'm familiar with, these are the most appealing to me.  This particular one doesn't have much of the action noise that is prevalent in Chinese pianos.

The thing that I didn't like that I hope has been rectified is that there are three different lengths of bolts that attach the lyre, and the legs.  The movers initially put them in the wrong place, which caused the two holding the front legs to dig into the key frame.  The una corda didn't work so well until I put them in the right place, not to mention the regulation issues caused by a lifted key frame!

Dave Stahl, RPT