[pianotech] Seasoned Wood

André Oorebeek concertpianoservice at planet.nl
Fri Mar 26 07:21:26 MDT 2010

I was in Hamamatsu three times and there are three climate halls :

one for dessert climates like Saudi Arabia
one for the domestic market and the tropics
one for North America and Europe

A grey market Yamaha is not necessarily a bad buy.
They are sometimes remarkably good and have not really suffered that much from for instance the climate in Japan.
It also depends on the age.
I know a dealer here who sells fairly young Yamaha's only and there is nothing wrong with them, except the price :
not expensive  (;

friendly greetings from
André Oorebeek

Antoni van Leeuwenhoekweg 15