[pianotech] OT Re: Las Vegas convention

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 05:26:52 MDT 2010

*Amber fluid :* beer
*Bogan :* person who takes little pride in his appearance, spends his
days slacking and drinking beer
*Bottle-o :* liquor shop (originally a man with hessian bags going
around picking up beer bottles in the 50's and 60's)
*Butcher :* small glass of beer in South Australia - From the theory
that a butcher could take a quick break from his job, have a drink and
be back at work
*Coldie :* a beer
*Grog :* liquor, beer ("bring your own grog, you bludger")
*Handle :* beer glass with a handle
*Longneck :* 750ml bottle of beer in South Australia
*Middy :* 285 ml beer glass in New South Wales
*Pint :* large glass of beer (esp. in South Australia)
*Piss :* beer. Hence "hit the piss", "sink some piss"
*Pot :* 285 ml beer glass in Queensland and Victoria
*Roadie :* a beer you buy to take away with you
*Schooner :* large beer glass in Queensland; medium beer glass in South
Australia
*Skull/Skol (a beer) :* to drink a beer in a single draught without
taking a breath
*Slab :* a carton of 24 bottles or cans of beer
*Stubby :* a 375ml. beer bottle
*Tallie :* 750ml bottle of beer
*Throw-down :* small bottle of beer which you can throw down quickly.
*Tinny :* can of beer
*XXXX :* pronounced Four X, brand of beer made in Queensland

koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
<http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html>