[pianotech] Wury Console - Unusual Case Construction

Conrad Hoffsommer choffsommer at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 06:26:01 MDT 2010

Herr Farrell said...

>OR........ I didn't look all that close at the serial number - could someone have changed it????????

Why would anyone do that??  To increase it's value??????!

An0n

From: mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:20:07 -0400
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Wury Console - Unusual Case Construction

I'd believe that - hook-line-and-sinker - but the back/plate assembly was made in 1959.
OR........ I didn't look all that close at the serial number - could someone have changed it????????
Terry
On Mar 23, 2010, at 2:35 AM, Alan Forsyth wrote:Oh I remember that piano. It fell off the back of a truck in 1949 and had a new case constructed for it by the insurance company in 1955. AF----- Original Message -----From: Terry FarrellTo: pianotech at ptg.orgSent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:31 AMSubject: [pianotech] Wury Console - Unusual Case Construction
I did some tuning, etc. on a 1959 (from serial number) Wurlitzer
console today. First thing I noticed about it was the amateur back
porch refinishing job on the case - I mean the brushed on quality