[pianotech] Removing a spinet action

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 07:30:47 MDT 2010

FYI, many Baldwin spinets have wood abstracts which have a press fit
attachment to the wippen pin, with the tops centered over the key capstans
by means of a system very similar to a grand piano damper guide rail. As
long as you keep the guide rail attached to the abstracts when you remove
the action, reinstalling the action isn't very difficult. It is a true
nightmare if you forget this important step.
You might suggest to your chapter's program director that a mini technical
on spinet action servicing would be helpful to newbies and veteran members.
Patrick