[pianotech] Pleyel Regulation?

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 19 10:14:35 MDT 2010

Patrick said: "Hello: I am working on a Pleyel grand, and have figured out most of the oddities of regulating it. However, I have not found a way of setting the drop. There is no drop screw, and drop is controlled by the little t-shaped device in the hammer butt as seen in the attached photo. Anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks,"

Patrick,
Have you tried turning the little "t" thingee in or out, a half turn and see what it would produce? It may be that it will need to be shimmed by dimensioned paper or ?? to get the drop where it needs to be.....IF there really is a "drop" in the mix of that action.<G>
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I