[pianotech] Premium service

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 11:48:10 MDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 6:30 PM, <Ayerspiano at aol.com> wrote:

>  In a message dated 3/14/2010 7:23:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> ifixpiano at gmail.com writes:
>
>    I now wear jeans, ALL the time, nice dress shirts but I don't have to
>>> replace my pants so often or worry about staining them with the detris that
>>> invariably comes out of an action cavity along with the action.
>>> I've seen techs wear t-shirts & shorts, I'm not that relaxed, just
>>> practical. If I'm likely to end up on someone's floor fixing or adjusting a
>>> pedal, I may as well dress for it.
>>>

>       Mike
>
>  Same dress code here.  All of my old jeans have the thighs worn out from
> the under side of the keybed. I use that underside to help support my back
> while tuning.
>
> T, Ayers
> Highland NY

I do clean pianos, mostly grands, for a price, my 1 hour labor rate, I do
the soundboard under the strings, under the plate, vacuum the bridges and
tuning pins using a stiff brush for extra clean. I remove the action, vacuum
it and the action cavity.
I use my own vacuum, a little Crafstman 1Gal. shopvac and bring swiffer of
varying sizes & types to get in all the crevices and tight places.
Most of the time the cleaning is done during fall & winter appointments
after the homes are closed up from spring & summer with windows being open.

Mike
--

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it.

   Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service