[pianotech] The Fuel You Use In Your Car

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 15 06:33:51 MDT 2010

Hi John,

It's actually a 1997 Seville in absolutely mint condition.  Never seen snow
before I bought it.  Seen lots of snow since I bought it though..  <G> I
bought it a few months back from an older gent that lived in Florida.  It
had 88,000 on it.  I only paid $5,200.  His actual asking price.  It has no
leaks, nothing wrong.  Perfect condition and perfect working order.  He even
had all of the records of maintenance etc.  I always buy nice used cars.
That's just my preference.  I let someone else take the big hits and
depreciation while I pick it up for a fraction of the price later on still
in great condition for cash.  Love the get um up n go it has too.  Woo hoo!!
When you need it, it's there!

It is a still a 4 door.  It is a little bit shorter vehicle but a whole lot
more sportier looking than the full sized Cadillac Deville that I owned last
time.  I owned my last Caddy for 5 years.  I put on 25-30,000-k a year.  My
last one averaged 19-22 city including some highway driving.  Highway miles
only, got me up to 27 MPG.  I think the one I have now will probably average
closer to 22 or maybe less with a lot more city driving.   It will depend on
if I am a lead foot or not.  <g>  But, not being squashed and the comfort is
worth it to me regardless.

I'd say, the biggest disadvantage with a Caddy (maybe it is the same with
some foreign cars too?) is that things are not cheap to replace.  It seems
because it has the name Caddy on it, they charge more to replace stuff but,
all in all, the most important things like the transmission and engine
remained solid as a rock.  Very dependable car in my opinion.  And the ride,
ohhhhh, the ride..  And guts!  Nothing like it.  Even with a trunk full of
tools which I also carry.

Jer