[pianotech] pianotech Digest, Vol 17, Issue 104

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sun Mar 14 15:35:07 MDT 2010

Hi Joe,
Those reamers need to be redesigned, first time I replaced a set, my
fingers were blistered.
Now I use a power screwdriver with a chuck head in it. I think that is
what you call those things that accept drill bits.
The first reamer I had the teeth wore down.
The one I use now has longer teeth, and they are thinner.
Who sells the best one?
The Asian pianos use a glue, that is hard to get cleared out. I think
applying some heat works best.
Young-Chang back in the 80's had a problem with jack springs breaking.
They did pay to have them replaced.
I will be interested in your impression of them, I think a lot of
others will as well.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada