[pianotech] basic or  full service

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 18:22:34 MST 2010

Makes sense to me.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Qshooterq at aol.com
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 4:57 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] basic or  full service

In a message dated 3/12/10 6:39:19 AM, davidlovepianos at comcast.net writes:

In fact, I
know a tech locally who offers a discount for the first time fee in order to
encourage people to switch technicians.

In a book I read, called Positively Outrageous Service, the author says "Why
do businesses give discounts to strangers and then make the regulars pay
full price?"  Most of the time the piano owner will just look for someone
else to give a first time discount again. He suggests instead that we give
an occasional discount to our regulars.    ---Tom Gorley