[pianotech] basic or full service

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 15:45:02 MST 2010

Rules about what exactly?  Do you mean I must express to the customer my
preference that they should be loyal to the tech they used last and how dare
they call me and put me at risk for an ethics violation with the guild???
Yipes!  People switch techs for various reasons, sometimes because they
weren't happy, sometimes for cost, sometimes because someone referred them
to someone else and they don't have any particular gripe, sometimes because
you didn't wipe your feet or your breath stinks, sometimes because they're
just fickle and want to try something new.  Who knows and who cares really.
I don't.  I suppose if I purposefully went out to undermine somebody's
relationship with a tech I might be guilty of being unethical or at least a
schmuck.  I certainly hope the guild doesn't have rules about under what
circumstance you can take on a new customer.  If so, maybe we should insist
that all new customers submit their names and we draw assignments from a
pool.

Anyway, then I'd have to give back all those customers of yours I have now
(just kidding).

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com