[pianotech] basic or full service

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Fri Mar 12 11:43:56 MST 2010

BTW, what on earth is a Rust Blocker shield?

As I tell my customers:  "Rust blocker emits a vapor that settles on metal parts in the piano, which prevents moisture form adhering to the metal, thus preventing rust."  The vapor comes from a piece of foam, that is kept in a plastic cover until I open it, inside a box, one foot square by 1/4" thick. I put in the bottom of an upright, or lay it on the plate in a grand. (usually under a string cover). It is replaced once a year.

Wim