[pianotech] Premium service

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Mar 10 12:45:25 MST 2010

I'll go with the clean crowd on this one.  Yes, it is the customer's choice
whether or not to spend the money.  If they prefer a clean piano, good, so
do I.  I will also go so far as to insist on cleaning an instrument prior to
working on it if it's on the worse end of the spectrum.  I really don't
think I should have to get grubby lubricating key bushings or some such.  If
it needs it, I do it.  Honestly Ron, just because something is cosmetic only
doesn't make it valueless.  The field we work in is the arts.  Aesthetics
are part of it, and just because the aesthetic portion of piano work ranks
rather low on your scale, doesn't mean it's that way for everyone (or even
the majority).  And certainly it doesn't justify condescension like your
comparison to caster detailing.  It really was condescending, Ron, unjustly
so.  David simply suggested vacuuming, you were clearly mocking the mere
suggestion of it.  Would it really be so difficult to simply say something
without being patronizing?

Zipping it up here, God knows I'll need it.

William R. (tired of belittling posts) Monroe