[pianotech] Further explanation: How long do unisons hold?

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Mar 10 06:19:07 MST 2010

Well your C3 examples are the perfect illustration- identical pianos tuned
at the same time. Unless you are stopping by the bar before tuning the
pianos that end up horrible, the stable pianos give proof that you are
giving a stable tuning. No outside influence I'm aware of will take a poor
tuning and make the unisons stable. But we know the converse is true:
outside influences can and do take a relatively solid tuning and destroy the
unisons.

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802

  _____