[pianotech] Further explanation: How long do unisons hold?

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Mar 9 21:21:16 MST 2010

That's what can be confusing. Some pianos, such as those that I tune
on cruise ships (Yamaha C3s) I see every two weeks. Some are pretty
good after that time and some are horrible. The other end of the
spectrum is a lady who has a Baldwin Hamilton (maybe 1970 or so) and
the once per year that I see it, I often start out - after an initial
listen - wondering why she wants to tune it - the darn thing is
sooooooo stable.

Seems hard to judge.

Terry Farrell