[pianotech] Upright Dolly Recommendation

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Mar 9 17:39:15 MST 2010

One more question if I may. Looking at both the 4009 and 4010 dollies,
it appears you can run a screw through the vertical part of the dolly
into the back (I presume) of the piano. I believe the front-to-back
dimension of these dollies is fixed. So the front wheel will stick out
some distance from the front of the knee board, the exact amount
simply depends on the dimensions of the piano - am I understanding
this correctly?

I guess it would not be obtrusive because one would install them at
the extreme ends of the piano (or I guess just inboard of the OEM
casters) - correct?

Terry Farrell