[pianotech] hammer return noise

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 19:09:30 MST 2010

Hi Gene,

I haven't had time to read everything but, I haven't (unless I missed
it-probably did-) noticed that you checked the felt that the jack hits upon
returning. If it is worn, hard or compacted, it too, could possibly be the
problem?  Have you doodled around with the jack tender just slapping it back
and forth to see if anything in that area is noisy?  Just another thought.

Jer