[pianotech] Shimming Steinway Action Stack to reach strings

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Mon Mar 1 16:23:46 MST 2010

I've always advised my customers that a little bit of faith in what the
piano will become is ok, but only a little bit.  You have to like the piano
before you buy it or you shouldn't buy it.  Ask that the improvements be
completed  prior to purchase.  Anything that would be regarded as a tonal
deficit or deficit in touch should be addressed before purchase.  And
certainly prevail upon the wisdom of your piano technician for guidance
towards a wise decision.

Will Truitt